Attention Room 223 Homeroom Students: Please use the code k2ckerg to join Mr. Carucci's homeroom on Google Classroom (classroom.google.com).
Mr. Carucci will be taking homeroom attendance online. Here are the steps to follow to enter your attendance.
1. Sign in to Google Classroom using your school email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Homeroom begins at 8:15 a.m., click on the Attendance Question for that day, and respond to the question with the answer "PRESENT." Make sure to click the SUBMIT button. If you don't click SUBMIT, your attendance will not be processed. Attendance will close at 8:23 a.m. SHARP, so make sure to log in by then.
Goals are important! In order to accomplish our goals while teaching virtually, this is what you will be expected to do:
- Find a quiet space with good lighting. Have your materials with you. Be prepared! Everyday! This means you bring what you need to class EVERYDAY - a pen/pencil, binder, work, book(s), etc.
- Use a head-set with a microphone.
- Dress appropriately. I do not want to see anything that you would not wear in the high school.
- Your full face must be showing in the Zoom with an appropriate background.
- Be on time! You must sign in to our Zoom classroom at the start of each class.
- You must use your school e-mail address and your full first name and last name when signing into Zoom and Google classroom.
- DO NOT share the classroom Zoom link with any other student that is not in our class.
- Begin Do Now without being reminded to do so which will be found on our Google classroom page.
- R-E-S-P-E-C-T… give it and get it. Only one person should be speaking at a time… when teacher(s) are speaking, you should not be speaking. Your microphone should be on mute unless you are talking. Give your classmates the same respect. Everyone will have a chance to contribute to the discussion. If you have something you want to say, mark the “raise hand” button found under the chat icon on the bottom of your screen.
- Do your work! Read your assignments, turn in your work on time. No copying or plagiarizing other persons work or words. This will not be tolerated and will result in a grade of zero for that assignment for all those involved.
- Cell phones are not to be used. Ever. They are not to be near you, on, etc. If I find that your attention is off of the screen in front of you, whether it be down on the keyboard, to the left, or right or on your lap, I will assume you are on another device and you will receive a zero (0) on ALL assignments for that days’ work (this also includes any gaming device, pets, etc.)
If you need extra help, all you need to do is ask! I will gladly schedule a mutually convenient time to help you. After all, your success is very important to me!
Feel free to e-mail with questions or concerns. This goes for your parents/guardians as well. My school e-mail address is:
E-mail is the easiest way of getting in touch with me, as I check it frequently throughout the school day.