The Drop-In Center believes in the power and potential of every human being and their ability to persevere through the challenges of life. Our desire is that every person shall be equipped with knowledge that will inspire and support them through any issue they may face. We believe that each person has the ability to live their dream.
The Drop-In Center addresses the complex range of needs that families may encounter throughout childhood, adolescence, and the young adult years. Through diverse and supportive methods, the Drop-In Center works with the family, the school, and the greater community, and strives to create a foundation of comprehensive services that include employment resources, academic tutoring, psychoeducational materials and groups, and counseling.
Who can come to the Drop-In Center?
Any child, parent, family, relative, or staff member of the Lyndhurst School District.
Why come to the Drop-In Center?
- Worried about a friend or family member?
- Having questions or concerns about a mental health issue?
- Confused about a problem in your family?
- Looking for support with a challenge your family is having?
- Attempting to assist your child find a career suitable to their interests?
- Wondering what programs the school offers to support the emotional well-being of students?
Then you should come to the Drop-In Center!
Drop-In Center services include:
- Family Involvement
- Mental Health and Family Services
- Student Assistance/Substance Abuse Services
- Relationship and Communication skill building
- Youth Character Development
- Learning Support and Academic Intervention and Referral Services
- Intervention and Referral to Community Services
- Student Support Groups
Student Support Groups include:
- Anger Management
- Boys Self-Esteem/Body Image
- Children of Alcoholics
- Gay-Straight Alliance
- Girls Self-Esteem/Body Image
- New Student Transition
- Parents Helping Parents
- STOP (Substance Treatment Opportunity Program)
All services are confidential except in emergencies.
Basic services are free of charge to the Lyndhurst School District.
The Drop-In Center is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
Evening and Weekend hours are available by appointment.
Maryann Mule', MA, NCC
Student Assistance Counselor
Jill Tozduman, LCSW, MSW
School Social Worker